About the Company
Founded in 1979 by CEO Steve Barber, CPM, the firm’s primary focus was on the rental management side of the business. In 1999 President Chris Barber, CPM, AMS, CMCA, CAMP joined the firm to expand the Community Association Management Division, with it being the primary focus of the company today. Currently the firm manages over 6,000 homes in more than 80 Community Associations with Real Estate Assets totaling well over $1 Billion.
Staff Experience and Education
Our firm currently employs Community Managers to service the needs of our clients, with an average of over 10 years of community management experience per manager. Each manager and their assistant manager are required to obtain their CMCA (Certified Manager of Community Associations) and CAMP (Community Association Management Professional) designations.
Our firm is also a member of CAI (Community Association Management) and OWCAM (Oregon Washington Community Association Managers). These organizations provide monthly educational seminars and continuing education classes which our managers attend with regularity.
What Sets us Apart
We are often asked what sets us apart from other Management Firms:
- Education and Experience
- Invest West Management, LLC is an Accredited Management Organization as awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management. This is the highest designation a management firm can achieve within this organization.
- Invest West Management, LLC is a Charter Member of OWCAM (Oregon Washington Community Association Managers). This organization’s purpose is to educate Community Association Managers.
- Chris Barber, President, is on the OWCAM Board of Directors and holds the CAMP designation with this organization as well as his CPM designation which is the highest designation awarded by IREM. He also holds his AMS and CMCA designation from CAI. He is also a licensed Real Estate Broker in Oregon and Washington.
- All Community Managers and their Assistant Community Managers are required to obtain their CMCA designation through CAI and their CAMP designation through OWCAM.
- All Invest West Management, LLC Community Managers are required to regularly attend seminars, classes, and luncheons on topics related to current industry trends, best practices, and legal updates, all for the benefit of our Community Association clients.
- Our Community Managers average more than 10 years of experience per manager.